Saturday, July 29, 2017
DOUGLAS COUNTY PARADE!!
Douglas County Parade – Castle Rock
Saturday, July 29, 2017
(Near 500 Fairgrounds Drive – Castle Rock, 80104)
Parade starts at 9:00am, we will stage at 7:30am
El Jebel Shrine Center will stage in the dog park follow the rest
STAGING PLAN FOR 2017!
Hello all and sorry for the wait!
We have been closely monitoring the construction on Plum Creek and we have great news! We will be able to use Plum Creek and the old route for the parade this year all of the info is below!
Please print this Email and keep it for your records! Also please read ALL Instructions below. (We were told, same place as last year, so updating last years Directions)
Staging Steps for 2017
1. ALL entries must enter the staging area off of Gilbert or Ridge Road/Plum Creek Parkway. There will be ZERO exceptions to this. All float numbers are first come first serve in the line up! (No U-Turns or turning in from Eastbound Plum Creek)
2. The North half of Plum Creek will be closed (these are the West bound lanes) Every entry will be will either turn Right off of Gilbert on to Plum Creek or come straight on to Plum Creek from Ridge road.
3. Every entry will be stopped at Holmby Ct to verify that All Vehicles are on site together. Incomplete entries will be turned away until all vehicles in your group are together.
4. Once your entire entry has passed Holmby Ct you will pull up to the next available space in line. At this time you may park and finalize any last minute float corrections.
5. A staff member or volunteer will be by to provide you with your Float number. The number must be visible in the front of your float or you WILL NOT be Judged.
6. The parade will begin promptly at 9am we highly suggest EVERY Float have at least one vehicle in it so that you can exit the parade on 2nd street and then head to Centennial Park for parent pick up of children. If you are not able to have a vehicle you will continue down Perry to the Safeway parking lot to do child pick up.
– All Participants are to park on Perry south of Rio Grande. A bus will run between Perry and Fairgrounds Regional Park (The Dog Park). All participants who ride the bus up will then need a way to communicate with and find their float.
– The First float will be allowed to enter the staging area at 7:00 am
– Do Not Block the intersection at Plum Creek and Gilbert for any reason
– If you have questions please feel free to contact me at John@castlerock.org or 303-688-4597
John M Woodrick
Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center
Saturday, August 12, 2017
WHEAT RIDGE PARADE!!
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Saturday, September 16, 2017
BROOMFIELD PARADE / COOKOUT!!
Saturday, November 11, 2017
CALL OUT PARADES: All Units are registered and are expected to attend.
OFFICIAL PARADES: All Units are urged to attend.
Units attending any other parades must register on their own with the parade committees. A Unit Request must be submitted for any of these parades and approved by the Potentate, Marshall or Director of Units and be on file in the business office.